Aqua Fish Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aqua Fish Forum

Where the fish is first !!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Monster Fish

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jlemay20

Monster Fish Empty
PostSubject: Monster Fish   Monster Fish Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 7:58 pm

I have been keeping Cichlids, both African and S.A., for a while. Recently though I began looking for something more. Something different. Seeing as how you can pick up common Cichlids at most fish stores, even the big chains, they didn't have the appeal to me that they once did. I started noticing fish like Silver Arowanas and Clown Knifes at some of the local fish stores but knowing the kind of tank I would need and the expense of the fish alone I wasn't sure if they were for me. Several weeks ago I decided to take the plunge and give it a go. I cleared out the large Cichlids I had in my 60x18x16 75 gallon tank and I purchased a small Silver Arowana. After getting this guy and doing some research online and seeing other fish keepers' tanks I was hooked (pardon the pun). I love the idea of a huge tank with monster fish doing what they do best, feeding. I went out and got myself a Clown Knife and few Clown Loaches. I already had a pretty large Senegal Bichir that I threw in there. Pretty soon I'd like to pick up a Gold Datnoid to add to the mix. These are all pretty small specimens right now, which is good because I am fully aware these fish can't stay in a 75 gallon tank for too long. Don't worry, I'll definitely be upgrading tanks in the near future (I'm looking at you Tanks A Lot). I want to give them the habitat they deserve. This is just going to be a "grow out" tank, and fortunately the dimensions are ideal being so long and wide. The height won't matter much with these fish for now.

ANYWAY... I just wanted to see if there were some other local Monster Fish aficionados out there to share this passion with. I'd love to hear about the setups other people have and maybe share some pics.

p.s. I still have some Cichlids in a couple other tanks, I just can't quit those little dudes.
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Admin
proyect01

Monster Fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Fish   Monster Fish Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 1:49 pm

Wow !!! impressive list !!!
please post pictures I don't keep very large fish but allways love to see pictures of them
when you contact Tanks a Lot please tell him you are a member of the forum to get a discount in you next purchase
what a kind of africans you keep ?
Back to top Go down
https://aqfifofm.forumotion.com
jd.

Monster Fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Fish   Monster Fish Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 4:57 am

i want a Goliath Tiger Fish hahaha just need a really really big tank and a lot of feeders Smile
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Admin
proyect01

Monster Fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Fish   Monster Fish Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 7:43 pm

Well sounds not bad idea 400 gals tank could do the trick lol!
Back to top Go down
jd.

Monster Fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Fish   Monster Fish Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 9:38 pm

Monster Fish Goliath-tigerfish-photo-03

OH YEA BUDDY !!!!!!
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Admin
proyect01

Monster Fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Fish   Monster Fish Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 9:40 pm

Wow !!!
for that baby maybe you need a pond ... huge pond lol!
Back to top Go down
jlemay20

Monster Fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Fish   Monster Fish Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 10:30 pm

You'd have to be careful when cleaning the tank not to lose your arm lol
Back to top Go down
spartacus
spartacus

Monster Fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Fish   Monster Fish Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 4:25 pm

lol ! I want a colony for my 600g hot tub.nice swim mates!

check out my Emp & trout

Back to top Go down
proyect01
Admin
proyect01

Monster Fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Fish   Monster Fish Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 10:25 pm

600 gals !!! Nice !!!
Back to top Go down
spartacus
spartacus

Monster Fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Fish   Monster Fish Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 5:11 pm

yeah! swimmin with the fishes is not always a bad thing! this tub came w/the house,so I transformed it!

oh yeah,I saw some cool monsters the other day.Vieja Black Belts at the store
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Monster Fish Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Fish   Monster Fish Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monster Fish
Page 1 of 1