Aqua Fish Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aqua Fish Forum

Where the fish is first !!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Paracheirodon simulans "Green Neon Tetra"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
proyect01
Admin
proyect01

Paracheirodon simulans "Green Neon Tetra" Empty
PostSubject: Paracheirodon simulans "Green Neon Tetra"   Paracheirodon simulans "Green Neon Tetra" Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 12:12 am

Paracheirodon simulans "Green Neon Tetra" is imported in from Colombia, Venezuela, and Brazil out the Rio Orinoco and Rio Negro. These wild fish add plenty of color to the aquarium exhibiting a brilliant blue stripe down the side of the body, much like its popular cousin, Paracheirodon axelrodi "Cardinal Tetra". Green Neons that come from different tributaries seem to show slight color variations. I've noticed that the specimens collected out of Colombia seem to display a touch of red on their side. While the fish only reach a maximum size of about an inch, this striking blue bar can be seen all the way across the room. Now I'm sure you're a little worried about all the reports you've read about the fish coming from blackwater biotopes with a pH no greater than that of battery acid. Luckily, we have conditioned all of our fish to handle a neutral pH so that you don't have to worry about breaking out the RO unit. Unless you are endeavoring to breed Green Neons, I do not feel keeping them in such acidic conditions is as important as, keeping them in clean water.

Anthony Perry
Sales Manager
The Wet Spot Tropical Fish
4310 NE Hancock St.
Portland, OR. 97213
PH: 503.719.7003
Back to top Go down
https://aqfifofm.forumotion.com

Paracheirodon simulans "Green Neon Tetra"
Page 1 of 1